4 Ways to Use The New Star Rating System
We recently added a star rating system to the front end of your Boast display widgets. This means you can now collect a rating from your customers to show off on your website and social pages. Ratings help you build strong social proof by giving users a quick point of reference when looking at your customer testimonials. In this post, we’ll cover how to turn on your Boast Star Ratings, and some different ways to use them.
For all new campaigns, the star rating system will be automatically turned on and added to your submission form. For pre-existing campaigns, you’ll have to turn them on. Here’s a quick step by step overview about what to do.
How to Turn On Star Ratings For Pre-Existing Campaigns:
- Click “Edit Campaign and Submission Form” under your “Collect Testimonials” tab.
- Check the box next to “Collect Star Rating”
- Click “Update Submission Form”
- Repeat steps 1-3 for every campaign you’d like to update.
- Re-embed your submission form on your website, and Facebook pages.
How to Add The Star Rating To Your Display Widget:
- Click the “Display Testimonials” Tab.
- Set your configuration, and toggle the field that says “Show User Star Ratings” to “yes”.
- This will automatically update your display widget embed code below.
- Copy the embed code that is compatible with your site.
- Paste the new display widget embed code onto the backend of your site.
Now that you know how to add star ratings to your page, you may be wondering how to fit the metric into your marketing plan. A rating system can be used for multiple different purposes. Whether you sell a product, or provide a service, the star rating system can work for you.
Here are 4 Ideas On How to Use The Star Rating System:
- Product Reviews: Use Boast to collect product reviews from customers. Collecting reviews specifically for each individual product allows you to segment how you show each testimonial. Once you’ve taken the time to create a robust feed of reviews for each of the products you sell, display them on each of your unique product pages. This will allow users to do research directly from your website.
- Service Reviews: Just like product reviews, you can use the star rating system for the services you offer. Have users rate your service 1-5 stars when they leave their testimonial. This will help you recognize customers that are most likely to give you praise, as well as at risk customers who may need to be contacted by your customer service team.
- Contest Voting System: Use the star rating system as a contest voting system. This can work in one of two ways. One way is to have users use the stars in your submission form to vote on 1 out of 5 different things as a part of a company promotion. The second way is to use it on your end as a way to show who won a contest by giving them a 1 out of 5 rating. Get creative! The star rating system doesn’t always have to be used in a conventional way for each campaign.
- Net Promoter Score Calculation: Use your star ratings to place your customers on the Net Promoter Scale and to calculate your company’s Net Promoter Score. This score is based on a 1-10 rating, so you can view each star as accounting for two different levels of positive or negative experience. This will help you gain some great insights from your customers that will help your business grow.
The star rating system allows you to collect numerical feedback from your customers when they submit their testimonial. These numbers can be used and interpreted in multiple ways. How do you plan to use the Star Rating System for your business?