Why You Need Video Testimonials for Your Business
We here at Boast are feeling generous, so we’re going to let you in on a little secret that has helped us to get to where we are today. Some people will tell you that the key to success is hard work. But if you don’t have people vouching for the hard work you put in or the product or service that has come from that work, then you’ll find yourself spinning your tires time and time again when it comes to proving your value to prospects. You might think, “There has to be a better way!” and you would be right.
So here’s the secret – If you aren’t collecting testimonials, you need to be.
The Facts About Testimonials
Testimonials are a huge factor when it comes to making a buying decision, and if you aren’t utilizing the praise your customers have for your business, you are missing out on a huge opportunity to have current customers help you sell to prospects. A website with a hundred testimonials will generate more leads and close more sales than a website with no testimonials every time.
We are all influenced by the opinions of others to some extent. The phenomenon of social proof actually speaks directly to that idea. But how much do testimonials really influence us when it comes to making a purchase? Here are a few stats that stand out.
- People are 63% more likely to purchase a product from a site if it has product ratings and reviews (People Claim)
- 79% of online shoppers tend to trust online reviews as much as recommendations from friends and family (BrightLocal)
- Customer reviews create a 74% increase in product conversion (People Claim)
- 77% of people take the time to read product/service reviews before they make an online purchase (Juniper Research)
- Customer testimonials have the highest effectiveness rating for all types of content marketing, with a rating of 89% (WebDAM)
- 90% of consumers admit their buying decisions are influenced by online reviews (Marketing Land)
The Facts About Video Content
If you are just using text testimonials on your website, you are failing to utilize one of your best marketing tools – satisfied customers – to their full potential. Video testimonials are far more engaging and convincing. They will keep visitors on your site longer and increase the chances that they will make a purchase. Check out the stats below to learn why you can’t say no to video testimonials.
- 65% of your audience are visual learners (WebDAM)
- Website visitors are 64% more likely to buy a product on an online retail site after watching a video (ComScore)
- Website visitors who view video stay on a website an average of 2 minutes longer than those who don’t view videos (ComScore)
What Can You Do?
By including testimonials directly within your website, you are giving website visitors information they want and need in order to make a buying decision. Testimonials on your website also provide SEO value and drive more traffic to your site, providing you with more potential leads.
At Boast, we make it easy to ask for testimonials. Our web and mobile apps create a fun, new experience for your customers. We typically hold a contest, discount or giveaway each quarter for our favorite submission or just a random one to give customers an incentive to share their praise. Boast is a really flexible product, so it’s easy to have some fun with it, no matter your industry! Here are some ways you can get started collecting videos to better market your business.
- Send out an email newsletter asking customers to shoot a video about why they love your business
- Schedule a tweet or a Facebook post asking followers to share a favorite memory of your brand
- Run a contest that asks customers to showcase creative uses of your product
- Setup a booth at your next event where visitors can shoot a quick video about their experience
- Mount an iPad in your office or storefront where customers can rave about you