How to Allow & Revoke Access to Your Webcam in Your Web Browser
If you are using a web application, such as Boast, to record a video with your webcam, you need to allow that specific website through your web browser access to your webcam. If you have previously allowed a website access to your webcam and want to revoke that privilege, you will need to do that through your browser settings as well.
When submitting a testimonial with Boast, it is important to follow all of the steps for allowing Boast to access your webcam and microphone so your video and audio are properly recorded.
Allowing Webcam Access with Your Web Browser
Follow the steps below to allow a website to access to your webcam. This tutorial is designed specifically for Boast users and goes through the process using Google Chrome, but will work for most cases of trying to provide a website with access to your webcam in most browsers.
1. As you fill out the form to submit your testimonial, you will arrive at an option to include your video. Select “Record from Webcam.”
You may also see an option to adjust your Flash Player settings. Simply click “Close.”
2. From the window that is asking for access to your webcam, select “Allow.”
3. If after you allow access, you still cannot see the webcam feed, look for an alert near the top of your browser window and select “Allow.”
It may take a moment, but at this point, you should see yourself in the video recording window!
Revoking Webcam Access from Your Web Browser
If you previously gave a website permission to access your webcam and you want to revoke that permission, follow the steps below deny a website’s access to your webcam. This tutorial highlights in Google Chrome, but the process is similar for most web browsers.
1. Select Chrome > Preferences from the menu bar
2. Select “Show advanced settings…” from the bottom of the Preferences screen
3. Under “Privacy” select “Content Settings…”
4. Under “Media” select “Manage Exceptions”
5. Select the X next to the website from which you want to revoke access
If you have any questions or continue to have issues with setting up your webcam to work with Boast, get in touch!