Video is becoming the preferred platform for many marketers, and the preferred medium for many consumers. Reaching customers through video requires a great video marketing strategy. Making a great video marketing strategy can be a challenge, however. To help you get started, or hone your strategy, let’s take a look at a few characteristics of a great video marketing strategy.
What Makes a Great Video Marketing Strategy?
A great video marketing strategy might look different for different companies. However, all video marketing strategies have a few things in common; they need to connect with your target audience, they need to be cost-effective, and they need to meet your goals.
Connects With Your Audience
One of the most important aspects of a great video marketing strategy is connecting with your target audience. If your videos don’t reach your target audience or resonate with them, your strategy won’t be effective.
The first step to making a video marketing strategy that connects with and resonates with your audience is to understand what your audience is looking for. This includes the following:
- Content type: This might include instructional videos, funny videos, inspirational videos, and much more. Your video marketing strategy will probably include multiple types of video content, but it’s helpful to know what works for your audience and what doesn’t.
- What platform: The platform that your audience prefers might include longer videos on a platform like YouTube, or shorter videos on a platform like Instagram, among others. Knowing what platform your audience prefers will help you focus your efforts there.
- Preferred length: The previous two questions can help determine the answer to this question somewhat. However, it’s helpful to measure your key audience’s level of engagement with videos of varying lengths.
Manage, edit, review, and post videos from one platform
Try Boast free for 14 days »
Meets Your Goals
If your video marketing strategy engages your audience, but it isn’t clear how these videos are helping your business goals, it won’t be effective. Setting goals and designing your strategy to meet them is essential to making a great video marketing strategy.
There are many different goals that your video marketing strategy might help you achieve. Some of these might be clearly measurable, such as improving conversion rates or improving sales. Or, this might be harder to measure, such as improving brand awareness or or building up brand loyalty. Your video marketing strategy might also be a part of multiple different goals at the same time.
No matter what type of videos you’re creating or what goals you want to achieve, it’s important to keep the following in mind:
- Measurement metrics: you should have a clear way to measure the success of your video. This might include views, clicks, or other types of engagement.
- Realistic goals: your goals should be challenging, but realistic. Considering the metrics that you chose, you should have clear goalposts showing whether or not you accomplished your goals, or how close you were.
- Communication: for your videos to meet your goals, it’s important to communicate these goals throughout your business. Make sure your video development team, marketing team, and other stakeholders are aware of these goals and are working together to meet them.
A great video marketing strategy also has to be cost-effective. If your videos cost more to make and distribute than the value they’re providing, your videos won’t deliver ROI. Keeping your goals in mind is an important part of maintaining a cost-effective strategy, but there are few other elements to keep in mind as well.
- Individual costs: Knowing the approximate cost of each video will help you make comparisons and show which videos are most effective.
- Total costs: The total cost of your video marketing strategy will help you easily assess ROI and whether or not you met your goals.
- Individual value: The individual value of each video will also help to show which videos are most effective and which contribute most to your goals.
- Total value: The total value of your video marketing strategy is essential to assess how successful your overall strategy is, and to compare year over year.
How to Start a Great Video Marketing Strategy
Knowing what makes a great video marketing strategy can help you start one, or improve the one you already have. Planning a few other elements can streamline your video creation and delivery process.
- Video creation: Planning your video creation process is essential to streamline your video marketing strategy. It should be clear who is involved in video creation, and each person’s responsibilities. A content calendar is also helpful. This can show what types of video should be created, when different videos are due to be completed, and what marketing campaign or initiatives each one is connected to.
- Video ideation: To make a great video marketing strategy, you also need great ideas. It’s helpful to have a list of ideas for your videos, including stories or styles you might use, scripts, and more.
- Content delivery: It should be clear what platforms you are using, how you are measuring success on these platforms, and who is responsible for scheduling, managing, and monitoring your video content.
- Tools: The right tools can help you save time and money on your video marketing strategy. The right video marketing tech stack should make it easy to record video footage, edit it, and post it on the right platform easily. This might include hardware like a suitable smartphone or camera, software like video editing software, software to manage your videos from multiple sources, and more.
With all of these elements in place, you’ll have the makings of a great video marketing strategy. If you’re looking for an easy way to manage your video content, make edits, post videos to your website and social media, and more, you can do it all with Boast. Take a look at the demo to see how it works.
Widget not in any sidebars
Posted in: Other