The new version of Boast is now available to everyone!
We’ve spent the last 8 months updating every aspect of our platform to make Boast faster and more customizable. The latest version will serve as the foundation for even bigger and better things in 2021!
What features are available in the latest version:
Details of the new Boast release
- Custom Form Builder
- Customer Sentiment
- Enhanced Notifications
- Advanced Landing Pages
- Enhanced Compliance
- Locations & Users
- Improved Response Management
- Other Cool Features
Custom Form Builder
You are no longer limited to just a title, feedback box, a star rating and a single video. We’ve added additional fields to our entry level plans and pretty much any field you could imagine to our more advanced plans.
Standard fields that you can use:
- Name fields
- Mobile phone
- Job Title
- Location – collect feedback for various business locations
- User – collect feedback for different staff / employees
- Video – new and improved video collection field
- Consent – setup positive consent checkboxes
- Text – include additional informational text on your form
Advanced form fields:
- Text input – ask additional single line questions
- Long text – good for asking a question with longer open responses
- Number – asking something that needs to be validated as a number
- Multiple-choice – ask questions with your own multiple choice options
- Checkboxes – allow them to check one or more answer to a question
- Dropdown – select from a list of options
- Date – ability to select a date on a nice calendar picker widget
- Hidden – sometimes you want to include your own information in a form to be submitted. Developers know what I’m talking about, this is for you. Psst you can fill data into this field from the URL. You’re welcome.
- Additional Video – Wow. You can now add more than one video to your forms! If you want to break your form up into multiple questions each with a short 20 – 30 second answer and have a distinct video for each of those – go for it.
- Additional Photos – Maybe you’re collecting a testimonial after a project and want them to send in some finished photos, who knows – but you can now do it.
- Additional ratings – You can add more than one rating to a form now and you are not limited to just the star ratings.
Other exciting form features:
- Conditional fields based on sentiment – You can hide or show fields based on how someone has rated you. It’s now possible to only ask for video from your biggest fans.
- Multiple-page forms – If you want to break your form up and only collect a few questions per page, you can now add more pages to your form and it will walk the user through each page.
- Enhanced thank you messages – Thank you messages are also customizable by sentiment and have some exciting new features.
- Form sharing – Embedding a form directly into your site is still extremely easy and will work better than ever.
Boast is more than just a way to collect a customer story one time. You’ll be able to use Boast during your entire relationship with your customer. We now have the ability to track and monitor customer happiness with you and your business. This is referenced and tracked throughout the system and connected to each contact as customer sentiment. Each of the primary rating types (stars, thumbs, smileys, NPS, etc) is broken down into 1 of 3 customer sentiments. The customer is either a Promoter, Passive, or Detractor. Throughout Boast, there are areas where you can filter or perform activities based on customer sentiment. One key area is actually on the form builder. If you have a rating field on page 1 of your form you, can then optionally show the video field only to Promoters. You can then ask a different set of questions on how you can improve your service to Detractors or work to salvage that relationship.
Control who receives notifications when a form is submitted. Emails are dynamic and provide a variety of ways to customize the message.
Send a message to one or more of your staff and also configure an “auto-responder” notifying the submitter that their information has been received.
Advanced Landing Pages
Most people use Boast by embedding the form directly on their own website. However, we know a lot of people just want to be able to easily email out a link to collect testimonials. Our landing page designer makes it super easy for you to add your own logo, colors, and customize it to your needs to make collecting testimonials even easier.
We’ve added additional features to make it even easier for you to comply with GDPR, CCPA and growing privacy regulations. This includes the ability to add very specific positive consent fields to your forms. Boast provides you with broad terms of service agreement you can use by default for your customers’ submission. It’s important that you read it and abide by the terms as well. Essentially, don’t collect information, sell it, and be a jerk with it, okay? Boast is designed for professionals collecting feedback from customers and people they have existing relationships with – don’t use it for any nefarious purposes. If you wish to add additional consent fields with your own terms that is now available on some of our new plans.
Locations & Users
If you have one or more physical location where people actually come to your office and interact with your team – this feature is for you. You can now configure business locations within Boast. Using locations, you can default forms to collect feedback for a specific location and then filter and show responses based on that location. As a manager you’ll be able to track customer sentiment across locations and manage customer happiness.
You’ll also be able to leverage the “Review Links” for each location. This gives you the ability to link to your Google Review collection page, Facebook Reviews, Yelp, etc. Now you can ask for a video testimonial, and then follow up and ask for different types of reviews per location as well.
Users are your own human staff that work at locations. You are now able to collect reviews for a specific location and a specific employee (user). This is great for real estate agents and any business with customers that have a one on one relationship with an employee at that company. Now you can see who is and who isn’t crushing it.
Improved Response Management
Responses now track additional information. You can automatically or manually associate responses to users, locations, and add tags. You’ll still be able to select a thumbnail to show and download the videos to your computer.
We now have the ability to track email, phone, and contact information and associate that with 1 or more responses and an overall customer sentiment. Contacts will be automatically created from a form submission or can be bulk imported or added manually by your staff. Contacts can be associated with a location, a user/staff member, even time zones so they don’t get an automated email or SMS at 4am. Import your own contacts with our easy to use importer.
Boast now has Sequences – which are a series of automated messages that are sent out. Contacts can be enrolled automatically from a form they submitted, added one at a time, or added from a complete contact CSV import.
A sequence increases your rate of response for customer story requests. After you’ve performed a job or completed a task with a customer you can enroll them in a sequence. They can then receive a series of messages that ask them for different types of feedback and other social reviews. SMS messages will be coming soon!
Other cool features
- Pre-fill forms from URL variables.
- Zapier integration for connecting Boast with other systems you use (beta).
- Auto apply tags to contacts and responses and use these as filtering options.
- Invite Boast users from other organizations to help manage your account.
- Connect your account to multiple different organizations using Boast.
Features from Boast “classic” that have changed or are no longer available:
- Direct YouTube integration (Enabled via Zapier)
- Direct Mailchimp integration (Enabled via Zapier)
- JSON API feed is changing significantly (Detailed API coming soon)
- iOS / Android application (Boast works on mobile, we’ll be releasing a dedicated Kiosk style app for the new Boast version soon)
That’s not all – we’ve got even more coming after this release!
- SMS text messages within Sequences
- Simple inline video trimming / editing
- Updated dashboard and reporting
- Improved API and additional integrations
- Gift cards, rewards, and other incentives
Thoughts, questions or feedback? We’d love to hear it! Use the chat icon in the bottom right corner of the page to get in touch.
Posted in: News & Updates