Testimonial videos can be a powerful tool for winning over new customers. But creating testimonial videos can be a challenge. The right strategy to create a testimonial video can help you connect with your current customers and leverage this connection to make an impact on new customers.
How to Create a Testimonial Video
Having a strategy to create a testimonial video can set you up for success. Let’s walk through this strategy, step by step, so you and your customers can create testimonial videos quickly and easily, without going over budget.
1. Find Your Best Customers
Selecting the right customers to feature in your video testimonials is crucial. These individuals serve as real-life advocates for your product or service, helping potential customers build trust in your brand. To do this effectively, you must identify your most satisfied and loyal customers.
- Analyze Purchase History: Begin by diving into your customer database and identifying customers who have made multiple purchases or have consistently engaged with your business. These are often your most loyal customers and they will probably be good candidates for a video testimonial.
- Monitor Engagement: Pay attention to customer engagement metrics, such as how frequently they visit your website, open your emails, or interact with your brand on social media. High levels of engagement signal a strong connection with your brand.
- Look at Feedback and Satisfaction Scores: Take a look at customer feedback and satisfaction surveys. Customers who have consistently provided positive feedback and high satisfaction scores are prime candidates for video testimonials.
Once you’ve identified your best customers, and those most likely to provide a video testimonial, you’ll need to get in touch with them. There are several ways to connect with your customers, and you can try multiple methods at once. You might try connecting with your customers in-person if meetings are a regular part of your routine. Or, you can try email requests, or requesting video testimonials on social media. It’s a good idea to try a combination of methods, and to ask more than once. Automating requests is a great way to save time and request testimonials from your customers.
2. Gather Testimonials
There are a variety of ways to gather video testimonials. You can work with your customers and record video testimonials at your workplace, or you could work with a production company to record a professional video. However, these techniques can take time, and they can be costly. You can also ask your customers to submit their video testimonials directly. Though you’ll have less control over this method, it will be much easier to gather more testimonials, faster. To gather video testimonials directly, you’ll need to create a landing page first.
Creating a dedicated landing page for video testimonials streamlines the process for both you and your customers. It provides a clear and user-friendly platform where customers can easily submit their video feedback. Here’s how you can set up such a landing page:
- Selecting a Platform or Software: Begin by choosing a platform or software that allows you to create a landing page for video testimonials. Ideally, this platform should give you the ability to create a landing page, collect and store video testimonials, review and edit these videos, and post them to your website or social media.
- Customizing the Page Design: Personalize the landing page to align with your brand’s visual identity. Use your logo, color schemes, and any branding elements to make the page feel like an extension of your website. A familiar design ensures that customers recognize your brand and trust the submission process.
- Adding Submission Forms: Incorporate submission forms on your landing page to collect essential information along with the video. Include fields for the customer’s name, email address, and a brief description of their experience or feedback. Ensure that the form is easy to complete and submit.
Gather, post, review, store, and edit video testimonials on one platform
See how Boast works >
User-Friendliness and Simplicity
The key to a successful testimonial landing page is simplicity. Make it easy for customers to record and submit their videos. Provide clear instructions, and consider using video recording tools that work directly within the web browser, reducing friction in the process.
3. Providing Prompts
Guiding your customers in creating video testimonials that resonate with your target audience is crucial. Providing them with well-thought-out prompts can help bring out their authentic experiences and emotions. Here are some tips for crafting effective video testimonial prompts:
- Keep it Concise and Specific: Your prompts should be clear and to-the-point. Avoid vague or broad questions. Instead, ask specific questions that address the aspects of your product or service you want to highlight. For example, if you’re a fitness equipment company, ask, “How has our treadmill improved your daily workout routine?”
- Focus on Key Benefits or Experiences: Encourage customers to discuss the specific benefits or experiences that stood out to them. For example, a software company might ask, “Can you share a situation where our software saved you time or improved your productivity?”
- Encourage Authenticity and Storytelling: Emphasize the importance of authenticity. Encourage customers to share their real experiences and emotions. Stories often resonate more with viewers, so prompt them to tell a story about their journey with your product or service.
To help you get started, here are a few example prompts you can use or adapt to suit your business or organization.
“Can you describe a specific problem our product solved for you?”
“What was the ‘Aha!’ moment when you realized our service was a game-changer for you?”
“Share a memorable experience or success story related to our product.”
By providing customers with prompts that are concise, specific, and focused on their real experiences, you can increase the quality and effectiveness of your video testimonials.
4. Reviewing and Editing Testimonials
Reviewing and editing testimonials is essential to create a testimonial video that is high-quality and convincing. Once you’ve gathered video testimonials, the next step is to review and edit them to ensure they focus on important points that will resonate with your customers. However, it’s crucial to balance the need for a polished presentation with the preservation of the customer’s authentic voice and experiences. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Check for Clarity and Audio Quality: Start by assessing the technical aspects of the video. Ensure that the video and audio quality are clear. If necessary, use video editing software to enhance clarity, remove background noise, and improve overall quality.
- Trim Unnecessary Content: Sometimes, customers may include lengthy introductions or unrelated information in their video. Trim these parts to keep the testimonial concise and focused on the key points. This will also make it easier for you to use these videos across a variety of different mediums, including email, social media, YouTube, product pages, and more.
- Maintain the Customer’s Authentic Tone: Avoid making excessive edits that alter the customer’s tone or language. The authenticity of the testimonial is crucial. Minor edits for clarity or brevity are acceptable, but avoid changing the customer’s voice or experience.
Balance is Key
Balancing the need for a polished presentation with authenticity is essential. Your audience should feel that they are listening to a real customer’s experience, not a scripted marketing message. Editing should enhance, not diminish, the testimonial’s impact.
5. Posting Testimonials
Once you have collected and polished your video testimonials, it’s time to strategically share them with your audience. Video testimonials can be powerful marketing tools when used effectively. Here are a few methods you can try:
- Embed on Your Website: One of the most effective places to showcase video testimonials is on your website. Create a dedicated testimonials page or integrate them into relevant product or service pages. Feature the most compelling testimonials prominently to capture visitors’ attention.
- Share on Social Media Platforms: Leverage your social media presence to amplify your video testimonials. Share them on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Consider using paid promotion to reach a wider audience.
- Include in Email Marketing Campaigns: Incorporate video testimonials in your email marketing campaigns. They can enhance the persuasiveness of your messages and encourage click-throughs or conversions. Include video thumbnails with links to the full testimonials.
Keep Collecting and Sharing
Don’t stop at a single round of video testimonials. Encourage ongoing collection and sharing. New testimonials can reflect the evolving benefits of your products or services and continuously build trust with your audience.
With a solid plan to create testimonial videos and use them, you can connect with new customers and get value from your great customer service and satisfaction. To simplify this process and create a testimonial video quickly and easily, try a free trial of Boast, where you can gather, review, store, edit, and share video testimonials on one platform.
Posted in: Other